资料备查

S-22

Make your sky brushes "common/caulkSky" texture. Then add this to worldspawn (select a sky brush and hit key N).

Key: farplane_color

Value: 0 0 1

That will make your sky blue. The three numbers are, red, green, and blue.

You can make a new sky if you wish, but it is not as easy. There are 6 jpg images in pak0.pk3/env folder for every sky in the game. Then there is a shader file in pak0.pk3/scripts, named sky.shader, that has the code to make those images work as a sky in the game.

Using caulksky, you can set any color you wish. The three RGB color numbers can be mixed, like this.

farplane_color .8 .6 .4

That would make the sky a golden color. The mixing of the colors is not like paint because the values are for light.

R G B

1 1 0 = yellow

1 1 1 = white

0 0 0 = black

.5 1 1 = light blue

If you hit key K in the editor, it will bring up a color window. It has the RGB values on the right, but they must all be divided by 255 to get the "normalized" numbers that farplane_color uses.

Hope that helps.

Key: suncolor 60 60 60

Key: sundirection -60 90 0

Key: sunflarename sun

i have a map that has a lot of skyscrapers (ie. very tall brushes, climable and with a far view when on top) question is, to "buffer" the player's view or ability to view beyond the edge of the map, what could i do (besides building a wall or extending the actual map, making more tall brushes and blocking off the extra map space) ?

an idea i have is to run thin brushes around the edge of the map with images of a city skyline and then put the sky box behind that; would that work and if it did, what sized would i need to make the brush so the texture came out with the right "dimentional" look ?

Walls, treelines/hedgerows, a few model trees, and fake buildings can all be used. Have a look at map m4l0 in the MOHAATools/docs folder. It has a complex sky box and treeline setup. Filter out all the junk, so you can have a good look at how they did it.

You can also make new skys using programs like Terragen and TerraSky (terrasky is hard to find).